- The prize is for a thriller in which no woman gets beaten, stalked, sexually exploited, raped or murdered.
- For the purposes of this Prize, ‘murder’ does not include incidents where people in general or specific groups of people are the targets or victims, e.g. war, terrorist attacks, hostage situations, sabotage.
- The competition is open to authors of any nationality who are over the age of 18 on the closing date.
- Submissions may be traditionally or provably self-published (print or e-book) FOR THE FIRST TIME within 18 months of the closing date, or not yet published. They must be in English. Translations are welcome.
- Entries may be submitted by authors, agents or publishers, but must be in the required format via the Submissions form.
- The first 5000 words of each entry, double spaced, 12pt, plus a one page synopsis, single spaced 12pt, should be submitted AS ONE DOCUMENT via the SUBMISSIONS page.
- The title of the novel should be at the top of the document, but no identifying name/s of author or submitter should appear on the document. Entries will be read blind.
- Completed novels will be requested by the end of August and must be at least 50,000 words. As we may request the additional material at any time, novels should ideally be completed before entering.
- Complete novels called for must also be submitted as pdf or doc documents, and the author’s name and whether published or unpublished stated.
- By submitting work for the Prize you are agreeing that ALL criteria have been met and you have accepted these terms and conditions, including that we may contact you by email.
- Any entry failing to meet the criteria will be disqualified.